Our advanced exfoliation Dermaplaning training consists of a rigorous 2 day program which will review skin histology and address the fundamental basics of Dermaplaning. *Students must have their Facial certification or be a full Skincare Technician.
Master the consultation by learning to effectively use the fitzpatrick and glogau scales to be able to customize treatments that offer results for your guests. Take your skin care basics to the next level and increase your earning potential with your Dermaplaning certificate.
At the end of the training program, the student will be able to perform the technique of:
Theory completed between a combination of virtual learning and in-person classes including:
- Introductions and overview
- Mastering the consultation
- Skin histology review
- Hair type review
- The fitzpatrick scale review / The glogau classification
- Benefits and Risks of Dermaplaning
- Contraindications to Dermaplaning
- Post Dermaplaning care
- Basic Dermaplaning protocol including tools and supplies needed
- Common questions and answers
- Treatment plans and combining modalities
- Menu and pricing
Hands-on skills are demonstrated and facilitated by our education team on site covering the following
- Develop skills by practicing on fruit or balloons.
- Students will practice on their own arms and legs to work on the correct angle, pressure and technique
- Work on live models to practice the steps and sequence
Classroom days October 15 – 16 +Thursdays for guest service requirements form 1:00 – 7:30
Once completing your in classroom learning 10 guest services must be completed onsite to earn your credential.