CONNECT WITH OUR ADMISSIONS TEAM
Answer a few simple questions to get started. Let us help you bring your career goals to life.
Basic Makeup Training
To gain a general understanding of makeup artistry, its theory and fundamentals, as well as some basic beauty and glamour makeup techniques. This certificate will further your skills as an industry professional and give you an opportunity to explore your talent for makeup. If you’re passionate about makeup artistry, check out our advanced makeup artistry certificate program.
- Students can choose either one-on-on education or a smaller group for an enhanced learning experience. Thus, the educator will have more time to individually coach each student.
- Real-life applications. Students will bring in a model for a real time application, with your educator there every step of the way to assist you.
- Makeup Forever products allow you to achieve professional results with ease.
- Gives you a “taste” of what the makeup world has to offer. Unsure if makeup artistry is your forte, but still curious? This is the program for you!
- 48 hours
- 20 hours of theory/22 hours of practical learning/6 hours of applications
- Fundamentals: Colour theory, hygiene & tools
- Product knowledge & preparing the canvas
- Basic beauty application
- Special event & bridal makeup
- Client consultations
On Demand or Group Classes Available
MEET THE EDUCATORS
Janessa is a Richards Beauty College alumni, graduating from Advanced Esthetics & Makeup in 2010. She worked for many years in local spas in Regina before moving to management at MAC Cosmetics. Janessa has had the opportunity to be lead makeup artist for the Saskatchewan Roughrider Cheerleading Calendar for 4 years. She was involved as an artist for Saskatchewan Fashion week for 3 years as well as a Key makeup artist in 2018 and 2019.
Vanessa is a Regina based freelance makeup artist with over 13 years of experience in the beauty industry. She trained at ‘Artists within School of Makeup’ in Calgary, Alberta and immediately began working for MAC cosmetics. This is where she was able to advance her makeup skills and lead the MAC management team for 8 years.
- Saskatchewan high school diploma or non-Saskatchewan equivalent or General Education Development (GED) equivalent.
- Verification of high school or GED equivalent transcript.
- 18 years of age. Applicants 17 years of age or younger require parental or guardian consent.
- Valid government issued photo identification and Social Insurance Number.
- $150 registration fee